Today we saw the official presentation of the Tesla Motors Model 3 electric car.
This is the final stage of Elon Musk’s plan to reach the mass market with an affordable and high performance electric car.
Previous stages were:
- Roadster: high price, low volume
- Model S: less-high price, higher volume
- Model X: an in-between model before reaching the mass marker, Musk called it “step 2.5”
Features of the Tesla Motors Model 3:
- all safety features present in previous models
- 0-60 MPH in less than 6 seconds
- 215 miles per charge
- autopilot hardware
- fits 5 adults comfortably
- supercharging capability – standard
- front and rear trunks
Currently there are 3,600 Supercharging Stations worldwide, this number will be 7.200 next year (doubled).
Currently there are 3,600 Destination Charging Stations worldwide, this number will be 15.000 next year (quadrupled).
The production volume will be of 500,000 units per year. Deliveries will start in 2017.
Price: $35,000 USD
Reservations for the Tesla Model 3 can be made in www.tesla.com
Click on thumbnails to see bigger pictures